Fire crews were called to a blaze Monday in the 200 block of SE Chandler around 4:45 p.m.
When called to the scene, the front part of the house was fully engulfed in flames. Shift Commander, Martin Gray says that they were able to keep the fire contained to the front part of the home, so they don’t think the home will be a complete loss.
“The porch [was] fully involved, it had caught the adjacent house to the South on fire on the side of it, it didn’t do much damage to that [house], we knocked it out prior to entering the initial fire,” said Gray.
The woman in the home was taken to the hospital with burnt hands.
According to a press release the cause of the fire was likely due to the failure of an electrical branch circuit connected to a space heater.
. The estimated dollar loss was around $18,000.
The American Red Cross is assisting the adult woman with emergency aid.