WIBW News Now!
Ryan Cothern pleaded guilty on Wednesday to an Overland Park bank robbery.
Finalists from Top Tank join the show to pitch their business ideas.
Logan Lee Able Bartley was charged with first-degree murder on Thursday.
The president of Northwest Kansas Technical College says the colleges are worried about being stretched too thin.
Senator Ed Berger of Hutchinson saw Senator Dan Goddard of Parsons choking on Wednesday at the Topeka Country Club.
The latest Rural Mainstreet Index is below growth neutral for the region at 46.8. The rate for Kansas alone is 43.1.
VIDEO NEWS UPDATES
Ad Zones 114 & 115 (5 & 6)
WIBW Sports Now!
Kansas Ag Network
- WIBW Radio/KAN Bonus Podcast – Preview of the 2018 Kansas Commodity Classic
- WIBW Radio/KAN Bonus Podcast – Preview of Soil Health U and Trade Show in Salina
- USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture Invests in Fighting Citrus Greening Disease
- U.S. Now Number One Beef Seller to South Korea
- Holaday Looks at the Markets
- MSU faculty seek to increase women in agriculture with USDA grant
- Gordon Stoner Comments on Wheat Issues
- McEowen: Common Producer Questions About the New Tax Law
- Gallagher Named President of Heartland Plant Innovations
- College Scholarships available for Agriculture-Related Fields. Farmers can also Nominate Rural Schools for Grants
National (CBS News)
- USA Gymnastics cuts ties with training facility amid Nassar scandal
- Student leaves university after video using racial slur goes viral
- Patriots star Nate Solder's toughest battle happens off the field
- Devastated by mudslides, Montecito has nowhere for debris and more rain is on the way
- After deadly mudslides, finding a place for the debris
- Victims confront Larry Nassar; U.S. marshal killed; second warmest year on record
- Cities across America competing to host new Amazon headquarters
- Competition heats up for Amazon's second headquarters
- Suspected Phoenix serial killer arrested
Politics (CBS News)
- Supreme Court gives North Carolina more time to redraw congressional map
- House passes short-term spending bill as government shutdown looms
- Lawmakers scramble to avoid shutdown as deadline looms
- Ty Cobb defines "collusion"
- Congress gets closer to a government shutdown
- Ty Cobb on his history with special counsel Robert Mueller
- House Intel releases Fusion GPS testimony transcript
- Trump speaks in Pennsylvania
- Senate votes to extend FISA provision, sending bill to Trump's desk
Governor Sam Brownback
Senator Pat Roberts
- Senator Roberts: Congress, President Trump Honor Senator Bob Dole with Congressional Gold Medal
- Roberts Introduces Kansan C.J. Mahoney at Hearing to Become Deputy U.S. Trade Representative
- President Trump Pledges to Work with Chairman Roberts for an On-Time Farm Bill
- Senator Roberts Applauds Kansas USDA Farm Service Agency State Committee Appointees
- Roberts, Heitkamp Introduce Bill to Improve Rural Health Care
- Roberts, Jenkins: Sen. Bob Dole’s Congressional Gold Medal Ceremony to Take Place Jan. 17
Senator Jerry Moran
- Sen. Moran Applauds Progress on Nomination of Holly Lou Teeter to be Federal District Court Judge for District of Kansas
- VIDEO: Sen. Moran Introduces Kansan C.J. Mahoney to Senate Finance Committee
- Sen. Moran: The World is a Better Place Because of Senator Dole
- Sen. Moran on CNBC’s Squawk Box: “We Need to Get Out of the CR Business”
- Kansas Common Sense - Honoring Dr. King, Rejoining Banking Committee
- Graham County Listening Tour, Hill City
- VIDEO: Sen. Moran Highlights Importance of Trade, Farm Bill After AFBF Annual Convention
Rep Roger Marshall
- Congressman Marshall's Low Dose Radiation Research Act of 2017 Passes Through Committee
- Congressman Marshall Begins January Listening Tour
- EPA Announces Next Step For Sorghum Oil Pathways
- Tax Reform Delivers for Kansas
- Working across the aisle to solve problems with our broken immigration system
- Solving the opioid crisis must start in the doctor's office
- Kansas becoming a dairy destination
Rep Lynn Jenkins
- Rep. Lynn Jenkins Weekly Update: Iran Resolution, Chairman of Oversight Subcommittee, & More!
- Rep. Lynn Jenkins Weekly Update: 2017 In Review and a Look Ahead to 2018!
- Rep. Lynn Jenkins Weekly Update: Merry Christmas, Tax Reform Signed into Law, Sen. Dole Honored
- Rep. Lynn Jenkins Weekly Update: Tax Reform Final Bill, Restoring Access to Medication Act, & More!
- Rep. Lynn Jenkins Weekly Update: Tax Reform Legislation, Preventing a Government Shutdown, Funding CHIP, & More!
Rep Kevin Yoder
- VIDEO: Yoder Tribute to Former Representative Larry Winn, Jr.
- Yoder and Gabbard’s Bipartisan Push Stops Proposal to Deport H-1B Visa Holders Seeking Permanent Residency
- Yoder Statement on Passing of Larry Winn
- Yoder Statement on Passage of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Yoder Fights to Expand Educator Expense Deduction in the Final Tax Bill
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Myth vs. Fact