Weather Alert

Carbon monoxide poisoning cause of 4-year-old girl’s death

Carbon monoxide poisoning is the apparent cause of death for a 4-year-old Nebraska girl, whose Kansas grandfather is charged with first-degree murder.

The Topeka Capital-Journal on Thursday cited court records related to the death of Brandy Funk.  Testing found a carbon monoxide level more than six times above a lethal level in the girl’s blood. Brandy, of Beatrice, Nebraska, died in July.

Court documents say Timothy Wayne Funk Sr. acknowledged he left a generator running in the garage of his Silver Lake, Kansas, home with its door shut while
watching the girl and another granddaughter.  The other child survived.

Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 


Connect With Us Listen To Us On