Weather Alert

CO poisoning incident sends 10 to hospital after stop at Central Kansas restaurant

Central Kansas first responders had to take 10 passengers in a vehicle on a church trip to the hospital to be checked for carbon monoxide poisoning.

McPherson Fire crews were called around 3:30 p.m. to the Burger King at 2203 East Kansas. Crews found the church group that was traveling back to Oklahoma City inside the Burger King.

Ten male patients were showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. Additional EMS crews were requested from throughout the County and surrounding Counties. All ten patients were treated and transported to Via Christi Saint Francis in Wichita.

The vehicle the group was using had apparently developed a mechanical issue in which carbon monoxide entered the vehicle cabin area. The restaurant rendered aid to the passengers. No fumes entered the building.

Connect With Us Listen To Us On