Weather Alert

Governor Kelly says officials are scouring the state to find supplies for treating people with coronavirus

Governor Laura Kelly says officials are scouring the state to find supplies to help frontline workers treating people with the coronavirus.

The governor said Monday that Kansas should finish distributing supplies it received from a federal national stockpile by Tuesday, but she noted Kansas has not received any of the millions of supplies it has requested from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.  Among the supplies requested were testing kits, gowns, gloves, masks and ventilators.

Governor Kelly also mention that Kansas only received 90% of it’s allotment of PPE from the Strategic National Stockpile and would not be receiving the other 10%.

That comes on a day when Kansas reported confirmed COVID-19 cases rose to 845, nearly 100 more than on Sunday, with 25 deaths. Health Director Dr. Lee Norman said he expects the increases to continue, in part because more testing is being done.

 

 

Connect With Us Listen To Us On