Weather Alert

Thursday Night Accidental Fire Displaces One in Topeka

A late Thursday night fire in Topeka forced a homeowner to save his dog.

Crews were sent to 2001 SW Oakley Avenue shortly after 11:30 p.m. Heavy smoke was showing from the one story residential wood structure.

The fire appears to be accidental. It looks like an electrical branch in the ceiling failed.

Total damages are estimated at $50,000. No working smoke detectors were inside. No one was hurt.

Connect With Us Listen To Us On