Weather Alert

Topeka fire crews quickly knock down house fire Wednesday

The owner was not home when a small Topeka house caught fire Wednesday night.

According to Topeka Fire Marshal Mike Martin, crews were called to 1207 SW 22nd shortly before 6:00 p.m.

An electrical branch failed. Firefighters were able to keep the damage to one room and the homeowner’s dog got out safely. No one was hurt. The home did not have working smoke detectors. Damage is estimated at around $12,000.

Connect With Us Listen To Us On