An explosion damaged two Topeka addresses early Wednesday morning.
According to Fire Marshal Mike Martin, Topeka Police called for Fire personnel after an explosion in the front porch of 306 SW Harrison shortly before 12:30 a.m.
Fire investigators and the Topeka Police Bomb Squad responded and the occupants of 302, 306 and 308 SW Harrison Street were evacuated while the area was being canvassed for additional explosive devices, as well as any possible natural gas leaks. A short time later the area was deemed safe and the occupants were allowed to return to their homes.
Total damage to the two addresses at 302 and 306 SW Harrison is estimated at $2500. No one was hurt.
If you know more about the explosion, call Crime Stoppers at 234-0007.